How to fix Fossil smartwatch back cover? The Fossil Q Founder is a stylish smartwatch with a lot of features, but the back cover has been known to come loose and even fall off completely.
If you’re one of the many people who have experienced this issue, you know how frustrating it can be. You might not even be able to wear your watch anymore because the back cover is missing.
Edon Lazaj has the solution! Our team of experts can fix your Fossil Q Founder back cover quickly and affordably. We know just what to do to make sure your watch looks and functions like new again.
How to fix Fossil smartwatch back cover?
If your Fossil smartwatch back cover becomes loose or detached, you can easily fix it by following these steps:
- Use a small Phillips screwdriver to remove the four screws that secure the back cover to the watch body.
- Carefully separate the back cover from the watch body.
- Clean the mating surfaces of both the back cover and the watch body with a soft cloth.
- Apply a thin layer of adhesive to the watch body surface. We recommend using Loctite Super Glue Gel Control.
- Align the back cover with the watch body and press it into place.
- Allow the adhesive to cure for 24 hours before reconnecting the watch to the charger.
- Use the small Phillips screwdriver to tightened the four screws that secure the back cover to the watch body. Do not overtighten the screws.
Your Fossil smartwatch is now fixed and ready to wear!
Next, we will guide you to remove the back of a Fossil watch.
Guide to remove the back of a Fossil watch
- Start by taking out the battery. This will be located on the back of the watch.
- With a small Phillips head screwdriver, unscrew the four screws (two on each side) that hold the back plate in place.
- Gently pry off the back plate being careful not to damage the gasket seal. If the gasket is damaged, it will need to be replaced before reassembly.
- Remove the old battery and replace it with a new one of the same type. Do not use a higher voltage battery as this could damage the watch movement.
- Before replacing the back plate, check that the O-ring gasket is in good condition and correctly positioned. If it’s damaged, replace it with a new one.
- Line up the back plate and screw it in place using the four screws. Do not overtighten as this could strip the threads.
Your Fossil watch should now have a new back cover that is firmly in place. If you have any issues with the watch, please contact Fossil customer service for assistance.
Fossil Q Marshal Gen 2 Disassembly
This guide shows the general disassembly of the watch.
- Remove the screws from the back case using a Phillips screwdriver.
- Gently pry off the back case using a plastic opening tool or your fingernails. Be careful not to damage the gasket that seals the watch.
- Remove the battery by gently pulling it out of the case. If there is any adhesive holding the battery in place, you can carefully peel it off.
- The circuit board is now exposed. You can remove it by unscrewing the four black screws that hold it in place.
- The watch is now disassembled. To reassemble, simply follow these steps in reverse order. Make sure to line up the holes on the back case and screw it in place tightly.
Can a Fossil smartwatch be repaired?
Fossil smartwatches can be repaired if they are experiencing any type of malfunction. To do this, you will need to contact Fossil customer service for assistance.
When contacting Fossil customer service, be sure to have your watch model and serial number ready so they can help you troubleshoot the issue and determine if a repair is necessary.
If a repair is needed, Fossil will send you a shipping label so you can send your watch to their service center. Once the watch is received, they will assess the damage and determine if it can be repaired.
If the watch is deemed repairable, Fossil will fix the issue and return the watch to you within 2-4 weeks. If they are unable to repair the watch, they will send you a replacement model.
Fossil does not currently offer any type of warranty or guarantee for their smartwatches, so repairs or replacements will need to be paid for out-of-pocket.
If you have any questions about repairing your Fossil smartwatch, please contact customer service for more information.
F.A.Q How to fix Fossil smartwatch back cover?
How do I replace the back of my Fossil watch?
To replace the back of your Fossil watch, you will need to remove the four screws that hold the back plate in place. Once the backplate is removed, you can then replace the battery and screw the backplate back on.
How do you take apart a fossil smart watch?
To take apart a Fossil smartwatch, you will need to remove the back case by unscrewing the four screws that hold it in place. Once the back case is removed, you can then access the battery and circuit board.
What do you do when your fossil smartwatch stops working?
If your Fossil smartwatch stops working, you will need to contact customer service for assistance. They will help you troubleshoot the issue and determine if a repair is necessary.
Can you change the straps on fossil smartwatch?
Yes, the straps on a Fossil smartwatch can be changed. To do this, you will need to remove the back case of the watch and then unscrew the strap pins that hold the current strap in place. Once the pins are removed, you can then attach a new strap.
If you are experiencing problems with your Fossil smartwatch back cover, we hope the tips in this post have been helpful. We understand that a broken watch can be very frustrating, so we want to make sure you get it fixed as soon as possible. If you need more assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us for help. We would be happy to walk you through the repair process or send you a replacement part. Thanks for reading!