Can an Android smartwatch work with iPhone? I’m interested in buying a smartwatch, but I’m not sure if it will work with my iPhone.
Buying a smartwatch can be confusing because there are so many different types and brands available. It can be hard to know which one will work with your phone or computer.
We’ve done the research for you and found that the majority of Android smartwatches work with iPhones. The Apple Watch does not currently work with Android phones, but there are many great Android watches to choose from. In this artical, Edon Lazaj will show you how to connect an Android smarwatch with your iPhone.
Overview about Android Wear
Android Wear is Google’s smartwatch platform, but while Google makes the core software that all of the watches run, it’s up to individual manufacturers to design and build the hardware.
As a result, there are lots of different Android Wear watches on the market from the likes of LG, Huawei, Motorola, Sony and more, as well as fashion brands like Fossil, Michael Kors and Guess.
Google’s platform is based on its Android mobile operating system, so you might think that an Android Wear watch would only work with an Android phone. However, that’s not actually the case – you can pair an Android Wear watch with an iPhone. It’s not quite as seamless as using an Apple Watch with an iPhone, but it is possible.
Can an Android smartwatch work with iPhone? Guide to pairing an Android Wear smartwatch with an iPhone
If you’re an iPhone user but you’re interested in an Android Wear watch, then you might be wondering if you can pair the two devices together. The short answer is yes – you can pair an Android Wear watch with an iPhone.
However, it’s not quite as straightforward as pairing an Apple Watch with an iPhone, and there are some limitations to what you can do with the two devices working together. In this article, we’ll explain how to get started with using an Android Wear watch and an iPhone.
Before you start
Before you pair your Android Wear watch with your iPhone, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Not all features of Android Wear will work with an iPhone. For example, you won’t be able to use features that rely on Google Play Services, such as downloading apps or using voice actions.
- You can only pair one Android Wear watch with one iPhone at a time.
- You’ll need to have an iPhone that’s running iOS 8.2 or later.
- Your Android Wear watch will need to be running Android Wear 1.3 or later.
- On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app and tap the My Watch tab.
- Tap General > About and check that your version of WatchOS is up to date – if it isn’t, update it before continuing.
- Tap General > Software Update and check that your version of iOS is up to date – if it isn’t, update it before continuing.
- On your Android Wear watch, open the Settings app and tap About.
- Check that the Watch software version is 1.3 or later – if it isn’t, update it before continuing.
- On your iPhone, open the Android Wear app.
- Tap the menu button in the top-left corner of the screen and tap Pair with a new watch.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to put your Android Wear watch into pairing mode – this will usually involve holding down a button on the side of the watch until a message appears saying “Ready to pair”.
- Once your watch is in pairing mode, it should appear in the list of available devices on your iPhone. Tap it to begin pairing.
- You may be asked to enter a PIN code on your Android Wear watch – if so, enter the code that’s displayed on your iPhone and tap Pair.
- Once the two devices are paired, you can start using them together!
Things You Can Do With an Android smartwatch for iOS
While not all features of Android Wear are available when paired with an iPhone, there’s still a lot that you can do. For example, you can:
- Check notifications: Any notifications that appear on your iPhone will also appear on your Android Wear watch – you can even respond to them directly from your watch.
- Track fitness: If your Android Wear watch has built-in fitness tracking features, you can use them with your iPhone to track your steps, heart rate and more.
- Control music: You can use your Android Wear watch to control music playback on your iPhone – play, pause, skip tracks and more.
- Use voice commands: You can use voice commands with Google Now on your Android Wear watch to do things like send messages, set reminders and more.
Limitations of Android smartwatch for iOS
You miss out on some pretty important features, unfortunately, although some may sting more than others based on your needs and daily routine. Here’s what you lose out on:
- No access to the Google Play Store, so no third-party apps
- Limited support for complications (the little widgets on watch faces)
- No payments with Android Pay
- No Amazfit Watch Faces
- You can’t unpair your iPhone from your Wear OS watch without a factory reset
Is it worth pairing Android smartwatches with your iPhone
It depends on how you value your time and money. If you’re not interested in any of the above features, then it might be worth considering a dedicated Apple Watch. The same can be said if you’re primarily an Android user; since you already have access to the Google Play Store, there’s little reason to consider an iPhone and Wear OS watch combo.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option or simply don’t want to commit to one platform, an Android Wear watch paired with an iPhone is a perfectly viable solution that offers most of the features of an Apple Watch.
The compatibility between Android smartwatch and iOS
Not all Android Wear watches are compatible with iOS, so it’s important to check before you buy. Currently, the only Android Wear watches that work with iOS are the:
- LG Watch Sport
- LG Watch Style
- Huawei Watch 2
- Fossil Q Venture
- Fossil Q Control
- Michael Kors Access Grayson
- Michael Kors Access Sofie
- TAG Heuer Connected Modular 41
If you have any other Android Wear watch, unfortunately it won’t work with an iPhone – you’ll need to pair it with an Android phone instead.
The reason why your Smartwatch is not connecting to your iPhone
The reason why your Smartwatch is not connecting to your iPhone could be one of the following:
- Outdated software: Check for updates for both your iPhone and your Android Wear watch – if there are any available, install them and try connecting again.
- Incorrect PIN code: If you’re prompted to enter a PIN code on your Android Wear watch when pairing it with your iPhone, make sure that you enter the correct code that’s displayed on your iPhone.
- Incompatible watch: Not all Android Wear watches are compatible with iOS – if you have an incompatible watch, you won’t be able to connect it to your iPhone.
F.A.Q Can an Android smartwatch work with iPhone?
Will any smartwatch work with iPhone?
No, not all smartwatches are compatible with the iPhone. In order to use a smartwatch with your iPhone, it must be running on the Wear OS platform and be specifically designed for use with iOS.
Does Samsung smartwatch work with iPhone?
You can pair most Samsung watches with an iPhone, but you won’t be able to use all of their features and you’ll miss out on some important ones, like the ability to respond to messages directly from your watch.
Is Samsung watch better than Apple?
It depends on your needs and preferences. If you’re primarily an iPhone user, then the Apple Watch is probably the better option since it offers more features and seamless integration. However, if you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option or you want to be able to use your watch with both Android and iOS devices, then the Samsung Galaxy Watch is a great option.
Can you text on Samsung watch with iPhone?
Yes, you can send and receive text messages on most Samsung watches when paired with an iPhone. However, you won’t be able to respond directly from your watch – you’ll need to use your iPhone for that.
So, can an Android smartwatch work with iPhone? The answer is yes. Android Wear watches are compatible with iPhones and will show notifications from your iPhone on the watch. However, you won’t be able to use many of the features of the Android Wear watch if it’s paired with an iPhone. For example, you won’t be able to use Google Now or install apps from the Play Store. If you’re looking for a smartwatch that will work more fully with your iPhone, check out the Apple Watch. If you want to ask something, feel free to leave your questions in the comment section below!