Traditional routers can be difficult to set up and use, which can lead to frustration for homeowners.
Not only are traditional routers difficult to set up and use, but they can also be expensive. Many homeowners end up paying for features they don’t need and don’t use.
Apple’s HomeKit router is the solution. This router is easy to set up and use, and it’s affordable. In this artical by Edon Lazaj, you will know how to set up Apple’s Homekit and other valuable information.
Apple homekit routers review
What are Apple homekit routers?
Apple homekit routers are routers that are compatible with the Apple homekit platform. This allows you to control your router using the Apple homekit app and Siri. You can use Siri to control your router settings, including turning on/off the router, changing the Wi-Fi password, and more. You can also use the Apple homekit app to control your router and view the router’s status. Apple homekit routers are a great way to stay connected and control your home network from anywhere.
Types of Apple homekit routers
There are two types of Apple homekit routers: the Apple TV 4K and the Apple Airport Extreme. The Apple TV 4K is the more expensive option, but it offers features that the Apple Airport Extreme does not, such as 4K video streaming and support for Dolby Atmos sound. The Apple Airport Extreme is a more affordable option, but it still offers features that the Apple TV 4K does not, such as support for the 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard and Gigabit Ethernet.
Apple homekit routers features
The following are some of the features of Apple homekit routers:
- 4K video streaming: The Apple TV 4K supports 4K video streaming, while the Apple Airport Extreme does not.
- Dolby Atmos sound: The Apple TV 4K supports Dolby Atmos sound, while the Apple Airport Extreme does not.
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi: The Apple Airport Extreme supports the 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard, while the Apple TV 4K does not.
- Gigabit Ethernet: The Apple Airport Extreme has Gigabit Ethernet, while the Apple TV 4K does not.
Pros and cons of Apple homekit routers
- Can control your router using Siri
- Can view the router’s status using the Apple homekit app
- 4K video streaming and Dolby Atmos sound on the Apple TV 4K
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi support and Gigabit Ethernet on the Apple Airport Extreme
- More expensive than traditional routers
- Only compatible with Apple homekit products
- Limited number of compatible devices
If you’re looking for a detailed guide on how to set up your Apple homekit router, we’ve got you covered. Check out our step-by-step guide below.
Guide to set up an Apple homekit router
- Download the Apple homekit app from the App Store.
- Open the apple homekit app and tap “Add Accessory.”
- Tap “Don’t Have a Code or Can’t Scan?”
- Enter the eight-digit HomeKit code that came with your router. If you don’t have the code, you can find it on the router’s packaging or in the documentation that came with the router.
- Tap “Add Accessory.”
- Give your router a name and tap “Done.”
- Your router will now appear in the apple homekit app. Tap the router to view its status and control its settings.
Tips for setting up an Apple Homekit routers
- Make sure that your router is in a central location in your home. This will help ensure that the signal is strong throughout your home.
- Place your router away from metal objects and electronic devices. These can interfere with the signal and cause connection issues.
- If you have multiple Apple homekit products, you can create separate “scenes” to control them all at once. For example, you could create a “Goodnight” scene that turns off all of your Apple homekit products.
- You can use Siri to control your router. Simply say “Hey Siri, turn on the router” or “Hey Siri, change the Wi-Fi password.”
- You can use the Apple homekit app to view the router’s status and control its settings. Tap the router in the app to access these features.
5 best homekit enabled routers for your smart home in 2022
If you’re looking for a HomeKit enabled router to control your smart home, here are the best options available in 2022:
Apple TV 4K
The Apple TV 4K is the most expensive option, but it offers features that the other routers don’t, such as 4K video streaming and support for Dolby Atmos sound.
Apple Airport Extreme
The Apple Airport Extreme is a more affordable option, but it still offers features that the other routers don’t, such as support for the 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard and Gigabit Ethernet.
Google Nest Wifi
The Google Nest Wifi is a good all-around router that supports both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies.
Eero Pro 6
The Eero Pro 6 is a good option for those who need support for the latest Wi-Fi standard, 802.11ax.
The Linksys Velop is a good option for those who want to expand their network with mesh nodes.
F.A.Q apple homekit routers
What routers work with Apple HomeKit?
The Apple TV 4K, Apple Airport Extreme, and Google Nest Wifi all work with Apple HomeKit.
Do I need a special router for HomeKit?
No, you don’t need a special router for HomeKit. Any router that supports the 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard will work with HomeKit.
How do I add a router to HomeKit?
To add a router to HomeKit, you’ll need to download the HomeKit app from the App Store. Once you have the app, open it and tap “Add Accessory.” Tap “Don’t Have a Code or Can’t Scan?” and enter the eight-digit code that came with your router. Tap “Add Accessory” and give your router a name. Your router will now appear in the HomeKit app. Tap the router to view its status and control its settings.
Will Apple release a mesh router?
There have been rumors that Apple is working on a mesh router, but the company has not announced anything yet.
Apple HomeKit routers are the future of smart home technology. They allow users to control their devices using voice commands and a mobile app. While there are not many HomeKit-enabled routers on the market yet, those that do exist are top-of-the-line products. If you’re in the market for a new router and want to future-proof your home, an Apple HomeKit router is the way to go.