Are you looking for a new word game to play? Why not try one that involves five letter words ending in ide? Wordle is a great option for those who are looking for something that is both fun and challenging. With its unique gameplay, you will quickly become addicted to this popular word game. So what are you waiting for? Try Wordle today!
Matching words for five letter words ending in ide:
List of ide-ending words with five letters
3 letter words that end with ide:
4 letter words that end with ide:
6 letter words that end with ide:
7 letter words that end with ide:
Check out some of the following articles:
Meaning of the list 5 letter:
1. abide (verb): submit to, put up with
Example: San Diego County public health officials made the decision to abide by the fact that schools were still closed.
Source: TEAM REOPEN: 2, SCHOOLS: 0 SCOTT LEWISAUGUST 31, 2020 VOICE OF SAN DIEGO
2. amide (noun): Chemistry
Example: Amides are a class of organic compounds that contain a nitrogen atom bonded to two hydrocarbons.
3. aside (adv): away from; to the side
Example: Instead of being a heavily factual account weighed down by aside stories about the creative process or verifying events, the memoir here becomes more intimate and moving.
Source: HE KNEW HIS GRANDFATHER WAS A MOB BOSS. BUT WAS THAT THE WHOLE STORY? JOE HEIMFEBRUARY 12, 2021 WASHINGTON POST
4. azide (noun): a mixture of an element or radical and a compound with the N3 group.
Example: Azide is a very hazardous substance that needs to be handled carefully.
5. bride (noun): woman being married
Example: At a wedding, the bride is the most significant guest.
6. chide (verb): criticize, lecture
Example: Racine has also chided Bowser for how some of her agencies are run, such as the city’s crime lab. The crime lab had many problems and lost its accreditation last year.
Source: AS BOWSER SEEKS A THIRD TERM AS D.C. MAYOR, HER SHARPEST CRITIC ISN’T ON THE BALLOT PAUL SCHWARTZMAN, MICHAEL BRICE-SADDLERFEBRUARY 28, 2022 WASHINGTON POST
7. elide (verb): omit
Example: To sound more natural, I elided the “a” from “apple”.
8. glide (verb): traverse a surface quickly and smoothly
Example: There’s something about gliding across an ice rink that I absolutely love.
9. gride(verb): a grating sound made by scraping, cutting, or scratching
Example: I could hear the gride of the metal against the concrete.
10. guide (noun): something that leads or a leader
Example: The tour guide showed us the city’s landmarks and key attractions by foot.
11. imide (noun): an organic compound with the chemical formula CONHCO that is related to ammonia by having two hydrogen atoms replaced with acyl groups.
Example: Imides are often used as intermediates in the synthesis of other molecules.
12. laide (adjective): comforable.
Example: That’s a really laide pan!
13. oxide (noun): an oxygen-containing binary compound with another element or group.
Example: Copper oxide is a black compound formed when copper reacts with oxygen.
14. pride (noun): self-esteem
Example: She was glowing with pride over her son’s accomplishments.
15. slide (verb): Move down and smoothly
Example: Please slide this piece of paper over to me.
16. snide (adj): hateful, nasty
Example: I can’t believe she said that with such a snide attitude!
17. spide (noun): A derogatory stereotype of young, frequently jobless male adults with a particular trait was once prevalent in Northern Ireland, especially in Belfast.
Example: I can’t believe he just called me a spide!
18. tride (adj): Strong and swift
Example: it’s a tride woman!
19. waide (verb): to move slowly or with resistance through something like water, sand, snow, or any other obstruction: to wade through the mud.
Example: I went to Waide to visit my grandparents.
20. ylide (noun): a substance that consists of an uncharged carbon atom that is directly joined to a positively charged sulfur, phosphorus, nitrogen, or other element atom.
Example: The ylide molecule is instable and can react with other molecules.
The word “ide” is an interesting one because it can be used as both a noun and verb. As a noun, it refers to an idea or plan, while as a verb it means to put into effect or realize. In this blog post we’ve looked at five words that end in ide and explored how they can be used in different ways. We hope you’ve enjoyed playing Wordle with us and found the examples useful. Now it’s your turn to get creative and come up with some ideas of your own!